Saturday, July 30, 2016

Heritage Day!

So today is Heritage Day at our local Gym! My daughter, Kara, attends a Zumba class about 4-5 times per week and all the Zumbarites (I made up that word!) were asked to wear something that denotes their heritage.  So, of course, Kara asked if I would make her a tee-shirt with both the flag of the UK and of the USA, (I am from the UK and my Husband is from the US). My Cricut Explore has been a little rusty lately as I have been concentrating on my rubber stamping world! So, out it came and I cut out the vinyl pieces necessary for this shirt. The red and white are glitter vinyl (not sure if that shows up in the pictures) and the blue is regular iron on vinyl, the blue is a little dark (navy), but we couldn't find any royal blue which, of course, would have been perfect! I think the navy looks good though! Here are pictures of my daughter displaying her shirt, which she loved! I really enjoyed making it and using my Cricut again!

(Please excuse my fridge in the background, as my Mother used to say, "You could have picked a better place to take the picture! The heart under my daughter's right arm my Jaden made for me on Valentines Day this year - oh I love him so much!) 



2 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the T-shirt. You do like to use vinyl. I am going to give it another try LOL. Thanks for sharing. The shirt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing creation by my friend Sue B. It looks amazing and I love using the two nations on the shirt. KUDOs my friend!

    ReplyDelete