Saturday, August 13, 2016

Washi Tape!

Today I have a thank you card I made for a friend who very kindly make me some of her famous Zucchini Bread! I'm usually the one who bakes around here, so I was very pleasantly surprised to say the least! It was so good, very moist, I definitely couldn't have made it better! So, on with my card! It's taken me a while to 'latch on' to Washi Tape, but I'm so glad I got a pack of the new Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape, it's awesome! Because I wanted to use all three of the Washi Tapes, I decided to make a monchromatic card, I've never done one before and I must say I'm very pleased with this one.  I used the Touches of Texture stamp set (page 141 of the new yearly catalog), it consists of 15 stamps in all, I love this set! I also used Vertical Greetings (page 109 of the catalog), this is a set of 9 stamps and a first for Stampin' Up in the vertical greetings category - love it! So my 'mono' color is Night of Navy, another of my very favorite colors from Stampin' Up. What's also great is the fact that there is a whole suite of products that match exactly to Night of Navy! You just can't go wrong. So to match my Night of Navy Card base I used ink, stamp and write marker, and Bakers Twine all in Night of Navy! I actually stamped, tone on tone, on the card base with another of the stamps from Touches of Texture, not sure if you can see that or not. To color the flower I used my marker to put some ink around the center and then used the Wink of Stella pen to blend it to the outer petals and I did this on the dragonfly as well. I'm not sure if you can see the beautiful shimmer it gives in the picture, but it's gorgeous in person, so to speak! To give the card a nice finishing touch I put a metal rimmed pearl in the center of the flower. I hope you like this card - and I hope my friend does too!

5 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the washi tape. I have yet to use any of it but looking at this card gave me some ideas as what I can do. Thanks for sharing. I am sure whomever received your card will be very pleased with it. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Romaine and I'm glad my card inspired you! So happy you received your Thoughtful Branches, oh boy that was certainly very quick! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Love the colors and use of a different medium (Washi tape) to give this card a great look! Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete