Monday, July 18, 2016

Baby Bear Pop-Up Card

Well the inspiration for this card came from a Stampin' Up demonstrator from the UK, Linda Parker who has recorded a You Tube video on how to make this really super sweet card, go here to Linda's video if you would like to see it.  I have changed the sizes of the paper for my card to US as Linda made her card using UK sizes. Don't you think it would make it a whole lot easier if the world had the same size paper! I'm sure Stampin' Up would be delighted! Anyway, the moment I saw this card, I knew I had to make it!  Of course I had to wait for the stamp set to be delivered, but finally it was here! Behind the baby bear is a Chest of Drawers, but in this picture you aren't able to tell that as the legs are hidden by the baby bear.  I hand stamped the chest with the little flowers and leaves from the Jar of Love stamp set and put the new enamel silver hearts on the 'drawers' to represent the knobs. The baby bear is a 3 set stamp to give that wonderful 'furry' effect, stamped in the three different colors of brown. I fussy cut her as this particular stamp set does not have dies, but she was easy to cut. Her bow has also been touched up with the Wink of Stella pen, it's very pretty and shiny in real life I promise! When you pull the card open, the baby bear is free standing with the Chest of Drawers behind her - really cool if I do say so myself, and of course my thanks to Linda Parker for doing her video!

Here is a complete list of the products I used, all Stampin' Up:
Stamp Sets: Baby Bear, Jar of Love
Paper: Blushing Bride for the card base, Whisper White for the mat and Chest of Drawers, DSP from the Subtles Designer Series paper stack and from the now retired Love Blossoms DSP
Ink: Blushing Bride, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede 
Accessories: 1" circle punch, Modern Label punch (retired sadly) Skor Tape, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue (my absolute favorite!), Silver enamel hearts, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

  1. NOW - that is one amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card x Thank you for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete