Saturday, April 7, 2018

Happy Panda!

Hi there!
Today I have a card for my grandson's 11th birthday coming up next week. I'm also entering it into this weeks Freshly Made Sketches. I love seeing what everyone comes up with each week for this challenge. Here is the sketch:

When I saw this weeks sketch I immediately saw two pieces of bamboo and a Panda and thought 'wow, and I didn't even have to think about it!'
Of course, my grandson, Jaden, loves Pandas - well any animal for that matter! Plus the two pieces of bamboo look like the number '11', which will be his age on the 13th! I know, that's stretching it, but what the hoo! Without further ado, here is my card:
The bamboo I cut out using my Cricut as I didn't have a bamboo stamp! I water-colored the background using Pool Party, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake although the picture isn't too definitive in the colors, but that's the best picture I could get it! The Panda is from Party Panda which was a free set during Sale-a-Bration -he's so cute, but unfortunately this set is no longer available. I put the one piece of bamboo and the Panda on dimensionals to give a little depth to the card and finished off by using two light blue and one light green Glitter Enamel Dots and, of course, some Wink of Stella! 
I hope you like my card, I had such fun creating it. Please go over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out all the awesome cards that everyone have submitted -you won't be disappointed!

8 comments:

  1. Loved your card. Thanks for the site all of the cards were lovely. I liked how you used the bamboo you do not see that too often. Many years ago stampin up had a set with everything Panda those were pretty neat stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Romaine! Yea, I wasn't going to let the lack of a bamboo stamp stop me from creating my vision! LOL! I'm always sad when Stampin Up retires their stamps and yet very excited to see the new ones arrive!

      Delete
  2. Jaden will love this card! Really super cute idea. Card is simple but so amazing with the elements you selected. I love it! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday to Jaden!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dottie! Thank you for your birthday wishes to Jaden, I'll be sure and tell you said Happy Birthday! He's excited, but he's eleven so the whole world is his oyster at the moment so to speak!LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is an adorable take on the sketch! This panda on the bamboo is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun and creative use of the sketch!! Charming! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete