Saturday, April 14, 2018

Dragonfly Dreams FMS 332

Good Saturday afternoon!

I had such fun last week entering the Freshly Made Sketches challenge that I really wanted to try again this week! This card I made for my friend who lives in California whom I don't get to see very often. It's truly a hike from my home in Stroudsburg, PA! I love to send her "Happy Mail' now and again, she is truly "happy" when she receives it! I was reminded of her today as the temperature is currently 81°, so I'm pretty sure she is experiencing the same kind of weather! So here is the Freshly Made Sketch for this week:
and here is my card:
The card base is Very Vanilla, the first mat is Bermuda Bay followed by a Very Vanilla mat. I used the stamp set Dragonfly Dreams and the accompanying thinlets. The large dragonfly was stamped using Bermuda Bay and the detailed thinlet was cut from Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper.The DSP is called Falling in Love and sadly is retired from SU, but it just seemed to fit so perfectly with the dragonfly I thought. In the top right I stamped the bubble stamp from You're Inspiring, I've used that on a lot of my cards lately,  I just think it adds that little 'something'! I then placed two of the small dragonflies, which were also die cut from Dazzling Diamonds glitter paper on top. To finish it off I placed three clear epoxy shapes towards the top of the card, but I'm not sure they're showing up too well.

To see all of the wonderful designs linked to this challenge please go to Freshly Made Sketches hereI am always in awe of the gorgeous designs and inspiration each week from this challenge and I'm sure you will be too!

So, enjoy the rest of your weekend and all the products I used for this card (besides the DSP) can be purchased from my online store. If you don't have a demonstrator, I would love to be yours! If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to contact me, my email and online store are on my blog Forget-me-not-Treasures!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that is such a lovely card and I do like using sketches to do cards. I really should use them more often. I like the way you used the glitter paper it really shows up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Romaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty dragonflies! And they are paired beautifully with that pretty dsp. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sweet dragonflies! What a lovely card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete