Saturday, March 31, 2018

Mother's Day Wreath

Hello and Happy Easter to all in blog land! 
     Today I have a Mother's Day card for my grandchildren to give to their Mom! My friend, Dottie, had seen a card on Pinterest that used one of the Swirly Scribble thinlets to create a wreath. The card was beautiful and I wanted to make one but unfortunately I don't have that thinlet set, so I created my own using my Cricut Explore! 
     The card base is Pink Pirouette and I decorated it with flowers and leaves from the Seasonal Layers and Botanical Garden thinlets. Unfortunately the latter set of thinlets is now retired I'm very sorry to say - what a fantastic set it is! I wanted to add a little something something to the petals, so I drew lines on them mimicking the veins of the flowers. I also added various size pearls, according to the size of the flower, with a couple on the card base itself. I finished off the wreath with a double bow using Linen thread. The DSP is a piece from the Springtime Foils DSP which was free from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. I think this is the most stunning DSP that SU has ever had and they've had some gorgeous DSP in my time! 
     Well I hope you like my card, oh, and I hope my daughter does too! Tomorrow is Easter Sunday and I hope you have a wonderful time. Wishing you all the blessings that come with this sacred day, from my family to yours!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card. You are a master of such creativity. I am sure the recipient will love it! Thanks for sharing and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A late Happy Easter This card is stunning Cannot wait to see that paper in person. I have seen so many things done with it and it all looks great. Glad you used it on this card one more thing I can do with my paper. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Romaine! You won't be disappointed with your paper believe me!

      Delete