Thursday, April 12, 2018

Wedding Anniversary

Hello Bloggers!

Today I have a Wedding Anniversary card for my good friends in Minnesota, Julie and Tom! Unfortunately I don't know how many years, I can't ask cause then she'll know why I'm asking! I've known them for many years, she is a Hardanger embroidery designer that I met at a Needlework convention in New Hampshire and we made an instant connection. If any of you have attempted hardanger, then you'll know it's not easy! She has a fantastic DVD called "Taking the 'hard' out of Hardanger", so if you are a stitcher and have a difficult time with hardanger, get this DVD, it's the best! This is Julie's site, just click here 

On to my card! Because it's spring (at long last!), I decided to use the 'You're Inspiring' stamp set that was in the Occasions Catalog, which I'm very happy to report is carrying over to the new 2018-2019 Annual Catalog! I've made so many cards with this set, I absolutely love Daffodils, they remind me of my Mum! Just to see them popping their beautiful trumpeted heads from the cold crusty earth brings joy to my heart! Here is my card:
I used Whisper White for my card base with a tangerine tango mat. On top of that mat I used a piece of the Color Theory DSP and stamped it with the little bubble stamp from the set. I stamped the daffodils using Momento black ink onto a whisper white piece that I had die cut using the large oval from the Stitched Shaped dies. I also stamped the actual blooms again, colored them and fussy cut them. Using dimensionals I placed them on top of the blooms on the oval cutout. Of course I had to add some Wink of Stella to them to give them that 'early in the morning' dewy look! Before placing the oval onto the card base, I placed a doily to go underneath. I finished off by placing 3 glitter enamel dots around the flowers and a piece of organza ribbon tied into a bow. Unfortunately the glitter enamel dots are retiring, I love them so have ordered two more packs! 

I really enjoyed making this card for my friends, I hope they like it and I hope you do too! If you don't have a Demonstrator, I would love to be yours! If you would like to purchase any of the products I have used, please use the link at the top right of my blog, it will take you directly to my store! Similarly, if you have any questions, I would love to help you, my gmail is also at the top right of my blog. See you next time, happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Stunning card. They will surly enjoy receiving such a beautiful card. I did Hardanger many many years ago and it is beautiful but takes a lot of time. I am going to take a look at her site thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work - the daffodil colors are so rich. I am sure Julie will love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete