Thursday, March 22, 2018

Lots of Lavender Sale-a-Bration

Hi Folks!
It's me again with another card! This time I'm using the 'Lots of Lavender' Sale-a-Bration freebie! I love this stamp set, I can't seem to stop finding a reason to use it and it's free, what more I ask! I seem to be always making a card for someone, or something - not usually just because! This time my son Russell, who lives in Santa Clara, California asked me, back in January, if I would make another Mother's Day card for him (actually for Theo, my grandson). I made one last year that apparently went down well and he gave me oodles of time so here we are! Julie, my daughter-in-law loves any shade of the color purple, so what better stamp than Lots of Lavender! I CASED a card by a Stampin Up demonstrator, link here: Melissa from Melissa's Kre8tions. I changed just a couple of things to put my own 'touch', on it! Firstly I embossed the white mat with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder - love this EF, it's one of SU's dynamic folders. These type of embossing folders create deep, dimensional embossed impressions which turn out really cool! After I had diecut the stitched shape frame, I embossed it with the Layered Leaves EF, also one of the dynamic embossing folders. To add a little bit of interest, and to add a little more purple, I sponged just the corner of the frame with Perfect Plum ink. For the ribbon, I used lace trim - when I think of Lavender I think of lace! Makes me think of my own Mum, she loved Lavender too! After stamping the Lavender in Momento black ink I used my Stampin Blends to color the image and then used Wink of Stella on the petals. The lattice at the bottom is a thinlet from the Petals and More thinlet dies. I think this adds a little interest to the sentiment. To finish it off, I put it on a card base of Elegant Eggplant, if I remember correctly, Melissa's card was done in Rich Razzleberry, another favorite of mine! Added a couple or three purple glitter dots and Bob's your Uncle, done!

Well, that's it for me today, as always, if you would like to purchase any of the items I have used, my website is at the top right of this post, I would love to have you as my customer. If you have any questions, my email is also at the top right, don't hesitate to reach out. Also, please feel free to comment on this post, I do so appreciate your feedback. Til next time....happy stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card. I am sure whoever receives a card from you will enjoy it and display it for a long time. You are just so talented and happy that you share. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Romaine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely and fresh just in Time for Spring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete