Sunday, September 17, 2017

Autumn Chrysanthemum

Hello again! I'm thinking I'm on a roll at the moment! Three times in less than a week! The card I have for you today is using a new stamp set in the Holiday catalog that came out Sept 1st. It's called Painted Harvest, it actually has a whole suite, but I just got the stamp set and the Designer Series Paper (DSP). My Mum and Nan used to love to garden and we always had some kind of flowers throughout the year beginning with Snowdrops in January and continuing on to the beautiful Chrysanthemums in the fall. Consequently, I was dying to try my hand in trying to duplicate a chrysanthemum with this set. It's a two-step stamp, and after trying out several inks, I decided to use Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze for the flower and Pear Pizzaz and Old Olive for the leaves. For the center of the flower I used Soft Suede and Crushed Curry for the little dots, so cute! The flowers also were brushed with Wink of Stella, but I'm not sure that you can see it in the picture. The set also has this darling little acorn, I couldn't resist stamping a couple of those too! These were stamped using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. I used Very Vanilla for my stamping mat, then mounted this, using dimensionals, onto a mat of gold glimmer paper. My card base is Cajun Craze. This is one of the many reasons I love Stampin Up, everything matches, you don't spend valuable time trying to match inks with paper etc. and the finished product looks so good! I was very pleased with the outcome of the 'Chrysanthemums', it brought me back to my childhood, I could almost smell them, that beautiful autumn, deep woodsy smell they have! I hope you like my card as much as I do and if you would like to purchase any of the items I have used, I would love to have you as my customer. My Stampin Up website is at the top right of this post. Similarly, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email, address at top right also, or feel free to comment on this post. Til next time.......

4 comments:

  1. Love your card. The two steps are a bit tricky for me but you do an excellent job. All the practice you do using them. Absolutely gorgeous card love all the colors. Memories are so great once we can recall them.

    Thanks for sharing your card and your story. I love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Romaine! Yes, it's funny how certain things invoke our memories, that's the great part of life!

      Delete
  2. So lovely! Beautifulwork of art and you captur s the colors so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dottie! I had the colors of my Mum's Mums (LOL) in my head, I just had to get them on to paper!

      Delete