Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Colorful Seasons.........again!

Here I am again! Didn't quite make my promise of 'the next day', but at least it wasn't two months! LOL! So these two cards I made using the Colorful Seasons stamp set again and the accompanying  Seasonal Layers Thinlets. A while ago I saw a fellow Demonstrator (unfortunately, I don't remember her name) demonstrating a card with an acetate window in the front. So I decided I'd give it a try, I experimented on two cards before these two just to give myself a little practice. I decided as an extra step I would emboss on the acetate! Now I'll warn you, if you want to emboss on acetate you will have to get 'Heat Resistant Acetate', I got mine on Amazon.  I sandwiched the acetate between the card base (thick very vanilla) and the DSP. The first card I used the Wood Textures DSP, the mat on the inside as well as the outside mats. The leaves on the acetate are embossed using the copper embossing powder and the finely detailed leaf stamp. Gorgeous, I love it! On the left hand front mat I cut out a copper leaf using the finely detailed leaf thinlet, it's so beautiful, I just want to keep cutting them out and using them on something.....anything! I cut two of the smaller leaves using gold shimmer paper and placed them above and below the center leaf. On the inside mat I stamped the branches and small leaf from the stamp set. A couple of days ago I was experimenting, using watercolor paper and various inks to make a mat I could use to cut out anything 'Autumny'! I was quite pleased with the result, hence the two leaves placed on the branch on the inside mat. So, this is the first card, the front and the inside left and right.
Front

left inside front
right inside front
Now the next card is my absolute favorite, I felt with my first card, the copper embossing wasn't shown off enough as the DSP was kinda 'busy'! So this card, I embossed using gold embossing powder on the acetate and the left front of the card! On the inside I sponged the width of the acetate with Crushed Curry and Peekaboo Peach and then stamped the branches and leaves from the Colorful Seasons stamps. The card base is, again, thick Very Vanilla. To finish it off I used some of the glitter enamel dots in Crushed Curry.
Front

Inside

That's it for me today, as always, if you would like to purchase any of the items I have used or if you have any questions at all, I would be more than happy to help you. The links to my Stampin' Up store and my email are at the top right of this post! You can also leave me a comment, I love to read them, they give me a ton of encouragement to continue doing what I love to do! Thank you all so much, I hope you like these two cards.


4 comments:

  1. LOVE these cards and the die cut leaves. Certainly works of art. Inspires me to create fall things with an array of colors. Thanks for
    Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I always say "Coming from the Master", I am humbled! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. My favorite season is fall and these cards are absolutely the best. I love the leaf die cut and have to give this a try. How do you know if you have heat acetate I have a box of it but cannot see anything if it is heat? Thanks for always sharing your talent, you are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Romaine, yes, give it a try, it's so much fun to create these type of cards. The pack of Acetate must say 'Heat Resistant", it's on the cover. This is not the same as the boxes of acetate we have unfortunately. You can use those for everything else though!

      Delete