Monday, September 11, 2017

Colorful Seasons - Autumn!

It's been a while since I last blogged! As much as I try and blog more often, life happens and my blog doesn't! LOL! I will attempt to blog at least once a week if possible, that doesn't seem to daunting!
Lately, I have been totally obsessed with the Colorful Seasons stamp set. This set was in the annual catalog that came out on June 1st. I made quite a few cards during the summer with the flowers and now that Autumn is here, I have been using the leaves.  I love the colors of fall - the reds, the yellows and different shades of each, I love to sponge and create different combinations for the leaves. My first two cards I tried the 'baby-wipe' technique. Using my re-inkers, I put two drops each of Tranquil Tide, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist and Rich Razzleberry on to the baby-wipe. Then you can use this like an ink pad, putting your stamp into various parts to get the different hues to come through. I layered it onto a mat of Lemon Lime Twist, wrapped some 1/4" copper trim around the bottom and glued it to a Tranquil Tide card base. I wasn't really bowled over by this one, I thought it was a little too 'busy', I've never seen leaves with that many hues, but it was a good experience. I went back to the drawing board, so to speak, and this time I used three colors only, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Rich Razzleberry. I stamped the leaves onto a piece of Color Theory DSP in Crushed Curry. It has a marbled effect and it's my favorite in the pack! I matted it onto a piece of Crushed Curry card stock and then onto a Cajun Craze card base. I put some Crushed Curry glitter enamel dots onto the front. I liked this one so much better! Now in addition to stamping with the 'baby-wipe ink', I embossed the leaves as well! These stamps are photopolymer, therefore very easy to see through and place directly on top of your previous stamping. When the leaves had dried from the inking, I re-stamped over them with Versamark and heat embossed using clear embossing powder, this gave a really nice wet look to the leaves, much like you would see after a frost in the autumn. On the second card, I even embossed a second time on the smaller leaves using glitter! I was really happy with how this one turned out. 

I have a couple of other cards that I made today, using the same stamp set and accompanying thinlets, to show you, but I will do that tomorrow as it's now getting late in the day. If you would like to purchase any of the items listed just click on the link at the top right corner of this page. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them, drop me a line, my email is also at the top right side of this post or leave a comment below. Thank you for taking the time to look, I hope you like my cards! 

4 comments:

  1. Love the cards, My favorite season is the fall so I am in love with both of them I do like the first one you made so much color and then the second one is just as nice. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Blog and sharing this technique. I love the look of texture in the leaves and the variety of colors. Beautiful work as always! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete