Monday, June 19, 2017

Colorful Seasons Birthday Card

Yesterday was Father's Day and also my daughter's birthday! She was born on Father's Day 'x' number of years ago! (Kara would die if I put her actual age here!). So, anyway, it was a double whammy day for my grandchildren and I! We had a wonderful time together as always and this is the card that I made for her. I got the inspiration from a card on Pinterest (don't we all!) made by Jesse Holton, a fellow Stampin' Up demonstrator!

I looove this set, Colorful Seasons, I could play with it all day (and probably will!). For the background, I used shimmery white paper, really excellent for water coloring. The inks I used were  Bermuda Bay, which is Kara's favorite, I've probably mentioned that before! I also used Powder Pink which is one of the new in-colors. I used Sahara Sand for the stamen and the flowers were stamped using Powder Pink, stamped tone on tone on the same color paper and cut out using the matching set of die cuts.  For the sentiment, also from Colorful Seasons, I used the new in-color Tranquil Tide, which is a bluey greeney (don't think they are actual adjectives!) color - love it! To add to the way Jesse made her card, I finished mine off with a double linen bow glued to a piece of burlap, I thought it just added that kinda 'umph'! I've always tended to shy away from water coloring, it always kinda scared me, but I took my own challenge and I think this came out rather well! Love the card, love the set, can't wait to sit down and use it some more!

4 comments:

  1. Another great card. You have so much talent and you really show it, in the lovely cards that you post.
    Glad to hear that you all had a nice Father's Day and Birthday with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing and I'm sure Kara loved it.

    ReplyDelete