Friday, June 23, 2017

Graceful Garden

So today I'm just making a card to just make a card as they say! I received my new goodies from Stampin' Up on Monday and today has been the first day I've been able to dedicate a little time to stamping! I've wanted this set since the demonstrators have been able to see the catalog on line. It's called 'Graceful Garden'. It's a 6 piece stamp set, I have placed a picture below. I wanted to do something a little different, I saw one of the Stampin Up bloggers demonstrate a 'basket weave' and I actually managed to complete one on this card! The card base is the new in-color Berry Burst. After I completed the weave, I stamped the actual card base with the 'trellis' stamp, in the same stamp set, using Berry Burst and stamping off once. I used a piece of the Fresh Florals DSP next and then my stamped image on top. For the rose, I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and then, using my stampin' write markers, I colored the rose in Berry Burst and the leaves in Old Olive.To finish off, I used my Wink of Stella on the rose and added three of the new faceted gems which come in 4 different colors and have a beautiful ombre effect. The sentiment seemed just perfect to sit beneath the rose. I think I'm going to make a set in different colors, which would be a perfect gift to give, to maybe, a rose lover!

If you have any questions or would like to order any of the items in this post, please do not hesitate to use the links at the top right of this post. Thank you so much for looking!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice card, I know that is your favorite color and it is so beautiful, just like a rose should be. I never slant my cards but I like the way it looks. Maybe I should give that a go sometime. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Romaine! It's fun sometimes to change the direction of the card. I don't do it often either, but I'm trying to branch out a bit (she says - LOL)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous as always! I love the lattice work - it makes the card! I can see many wonderful cards from that set! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dottie! I saw another demonstrator use the lattice as a background, she put her rose on top of it, it looked very nice like that too.

      Delete