Sunday, June 25, 2017

At Home

Whoa, I'm on a roll this week, I've again been playing with one of my new stamp sets, At Home With You. The set has 26 stamps and it comes in a bundle that includes 12 thinlets all for $50.00! I mean, you can't beat that price-wise now can you! It includes stamps for spring, summer, fall and winter, you can't go wrong with this set, there's a little for everyone! There are already a lot of cards on Pinterest using it, some with blue doors, some with red doors, some with wooden doors. I decided I wanted a red door! I chose Early Espresso for my card base which is portrait style, 4 1/4 x 11 scored and burnished at 5 1/2.  I married that with a pumpkin pie mat. I embossed a piece of Sahara Sand with the Brick embossing folder and then 'dirtied' it up a bit with a sponge and some Crumb Cake ink. I stamped the door with Early Espresso on to Real Red card-stock and cut it out using the door thinlet. Now the fun thing about the door thinlet is that you can either just cut out the door or you can cut out the frame and have the door open! How fun is that! You may be able to see from this picture but I chose to have the door open! So, when is a door not a door - when it's ajar! Sorry, I couldn't help it, reminds me of when I was a kid and we were always looking for riddles to solve! Anyway, to continue I stamped the two lanterns and the sentiment with VersaMark and embossed them with copper embossing powder. The wreath and two planters were stamped with Early Espresso and then colored with my markers using Old Olive for the Leaves and Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride for the flowers. The Welcome mat was also stamped with Early Espresso. I finished off the wreath and flower pots with some Wink of Stella on the flowers and little linen bows. Oh, and the lantern, wreath, welcome mat and sentiment also have thinlets which I used to cut them all out. Now, after the whole card was put together, I decided I wanted to make the door look kind of freshly painted if you will, so I covered it with Glossy Accents, should really have done this before I put the door on to the mat! The picture, because of the lighting, makes it look wet, but it looks quite good in person ---- I promise (she says!)
Now, as the saying goes  - let's see, what's behind the red door!
The sentiment on the front says "Thanks" so inside the door I chose the sentiment "For Everything". I stamped this on a piece of (now retired) Serene Scenery DSP which I also cut out using the door thinlet, that way it fits perfectly behind the door itself. I'm sorry you can't really see this in the picture, but I wanted to show you how the door opens and you can still write your message on the inside of the card as well. Oh, and by the way, there is a thinlet for the little windows on the door, 6 panes! You can't really see them on the front of the card because the wreath partially covers them, but there they are, peeking out just here! Isn't that just the cutest thing!
I really enjoyed making this card, At Home With You is a fantastic set! If you would like to purchase the bundle, the number is 145351. All you have to do is go to my Stampin Up site, there is a link at the top right corner of this page and put the number in under 'Search the Store' and Bob's your Uncle, there it is! Of course, you can buy them separately, but why on earth would you want to! LOL! Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, I hope you like my card!

3 comments:

  1. Great card I Love the red door but then I would since I have one myself. I like the fact that the door opens and yes that is a great price for how many dies and stamps you are getting.

    Thanks for being so creative. This set will be on my list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative Sue! I love how you made the door stand out with faux shellac - very nice touch! Definitely a dynamic set with lots of potential. Thank you for sharing your creativity and possibilities with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, I really enjoy receiving your comments, it really helps me a lot. This 'blogging' business is still relatively new to me and you both boost me on, so thank you again!

    ReplyDelete