Friday, April 29, 2016

Mother's Day Card Birthday Blooms

I was requested by one of my sons to make a Mother's Day card for my daughter-in-law and I thought the stamp set Birthday Blooms would be ideal!  I CASED the card from Pinterest, it was done by Kristi Gray another Stampin' Up demonstrator.  It was so pretty, I just had to make one!  I used my blender pen, Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder inks to color the flowers and Old Olive and Pear Pizazz to color the leaves. Unfortunately the picture doesn't show off the Wink of Stella I put on the flowers, but it does look beautiful in person (if I do say so myself!) For the sentiment I used a retired Stampin' Up set called Something to Celebrate and embossed it in gold on vellum. I just love the font on this one, so I just had to use it! Here is the card recipe:

Stamp Set: Birthday Blooms, Something to Celebrate (retired)
Inks: Blushing Bride, Old Olive, Pear Pizazz and Watermelon Wonder 
Paper: Birthday Bouquet DSP, Mint Macaron, Velum, Watermelon Wonder and Whisper White
Accessories: Basic Pearls, Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Star sequins, Lots of Labels Framelits, Softy Falling Embossing Folder, Watermelon Wonder Lace Ribbon, Wink of Stella

Now as my son and his wife live in California, I had to make a box to put the card in as there was quite a bit of embellishment on it and I didn't want it to get destroyed in the post.  I used two other stamps in the Birthday Blooms set and made my own DSP! Of course then I packed it all up in bubble wrap and sent it off in another box! My daughter-in-law is a beautiful person and a wonderful Mom so she absolutely deserves it! Without further ado, here is the card and it's box!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the very beautiful card. She loved it!! The box helped it arrive in perfect condition. I think I'll have to order from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete