Monday, August 22, 2016

Christmas Pines

Well, I finally jumped on the 'Christmas in July' bandwagon, except that mine is in August! I just received my shipment of goodies from the new Holiday Catalog and the first set I wanted to play with was Christmas Pines along with the coordinating thinlets, Pretty Pines! This is a gorgeous set and you too will be able to order it in 10 days! If you have a catalog, it's on page 19 and if you don't, please let me know and I will be glad to send you one! It has 22 photopolymer stamps and 13 dies in the bundle and, I can tell you, I love it! I know I always say that, but it's true, and truly Stampin' Up outdoes themselves every time! So, on to my card. I used a sketch from a blog I follow, CARDTV  Mary doesn't stamp much, she uses her Cricut machine, but just recently she provided us, her followers, 14 sketches which I thought were awesome! I started with a card base of Very Vanilla, a mat of Cherry Cobbler (another No.1 color in my opinion!) and a top layer of This Christmas DSP. The three squares are cut in Very Vanilla with the Layering Squares Framelits. The two cones in the middle have a top layer (cut with the dies) of the new Copper paper - love it! The cones either side are embossed with the, also new, copper embossing powder. I colored two of the pearl basic jewels with a copper Sharpie pen and placed them at the top of the cones. The foliage beneath and around the cones I filled with cuts from the Pretty Pines thinlets, covering the 'mistletoe' also with pearls and wound around that is some of the (here we go again!) new copper metallic thread - awesomeness! The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.I hope you like it, I think I'm going to be using this set much more in the not too distant future!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. All the elements go together so well!

    ReplyDelete