Thursday, May 26, 2016

My BFF!

I grew up with my bestie, Bernie, her name is actually Bernadette, but if you knew her, that name just doesn't go with her personality.  She is a tiny, and I mean tiny - roughly 4.10 in shoes, and she is just the bubbliest person you'll ever meet!  So you see, Bernadette is just too formal for her! Bernie lives in California and I live in Pennsylvania, we are both originally from the UK and we grew up together - to be exact, I met her in the early sixties!! That should give you a clue as to how 'aged' we both are, like good wine!  Anyway, I miss her very much, I don't get to see her too often now. So, I made her a card just to let her know how much I do miss her.  I saw this card originally on Ann's Happy Stampers, I just made a couple of changes, hers was just so beautiful, I had to CASE it. I hope you like my card, it's very special as she is to me!
The base card is Smokey Slate.  The layers are Smokey Slate DSP and a top layer of Whisper White. I embossed the flourish from the stamp set Timeless Textures in silver and then stamped the dot splatters around in Smokey Slate and the new in-color (my fave!) Sweet Sugarplum. I added some little flowers, also in Sweet Sugarplum and a couple of butterflies stamped on vellum with additional butterflies underneath punched out in the silver glimmer paper. The new in-colors will be available June 1st from the new catalogue which you can see also on 1st June  HERE in my Stampin Up store. If you would like a catalogue, please leave me a comment or request by email. I would really appreciate your business!  

No comments:

Post a Comment