Friday, September 16, 2016

Snow Place like the woods!

Well, I can't seem to stop making Christmas cards! It's such a beautiful season of the year, it makes my heart smile! The inspiration for this card came from a card that Tina Zinck created with the Merry Mice stamp set (one which hasn't reached my mailbox just yet!), it is so cute, take a hop over to her blog The Serene Stamper and take a peek! So anyway, I thought I'd put a snowman in the woods instead! Here's my card
The base of my card is Whisper White with a Pool Party Mat. The top layer began with Whisper White, I took the Woodland embossing folder and sponged Pool Party, Island Indigo and Marina Mist onto it and then stamped the Christmas tree from Lovely as a Tree onto the embossing folder over the blue inks. Once this was done I ran it through the Big Shot. I took a little Crumb Cake ink on a sponge and lightly brushed it over the birch trees to add a small amount of color to them. I then sponged the entire mat with Versamark and sprinkled Iridescent Ice embossing powder (retired from Stampin' Up) on top and heat set it, not sure if the picture is picking that up too well but it's a beautiful sparkly winter effect. I stamped the snowman from the Snow Place set, colored him with stamp 'n write markers and then fussy cut him. I used some burlap ribbon, frayed the edges and placed it along the bottom of the mat with a little vintage wooden snowflake and a snowflake sequin on top. The sentiment is a non-stampin' up image, but it was the one that I thought went best with this card. I really enjoyed making it and loved the way the Christmas trees appear to be behind the birch trees, so many things can be achieved using this embossing folder, images and ink! I hope you like my card, should you need any of the items I have listed, you can order them from my site which is listed at the top right of this post. I would really appreciate your business. Also, if you need a holiday or annual catalog, just drop me an email and I would be glad to send them to you.

4 comments:

  1. This card is so lovely and whimsical! It warmed my heart as I looked at it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dottie, I really enjoyed making this one, I feel like I'm right there with Mr. Snowman!

      Delete
  2. Great card. I just got back home was in Pittsburgh for a red hat runaway. Had a great time but now busy babysitting.Keep making these gorgeous cards love to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Romaine! Yes, I could just see my grandchildren building this snowman behind my house in the woods, it made me smile whilst I was making it!

      Delete