Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Christmas Pines 'Tis the Season

Oh Boy, do I really really love this set - Christmas Pines! I made another card today using this stamp set and the framelits. For the first time I'm going to enter into a sketch contest! Each week Freshly Made Sketches has a new sketch (this week it's number 254) for you to enter if you choose, so I figured, why not, let's give it a go! This is the sketch
and this is my card
The card base is Cherry Cobbler with a Whisper White mat that has been embossed with the Softly Falling embossing folder. I stamped the pine leaves first in Garden Green and Old Olive and then cut some out using the framelits and attached them around the stamped images. I used the framelits again to cut out the three pine cones using the copper foil and Chocolate Chip paper. Under the pine cones I wrapped some copper metallic thread around the pine leaves to give it some added interest and then finished it off with a triple bow of linen thread. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set, Christmas Pines. I had fun making this card, I hope you like it! 
All of the items I used are from Stampin' Up, so if there are any items you would like to purchase, a link to my online store is at the top right of this post. I would truly appreciate your business!

9 comments:

  1. Really lovely design, love the use of the pine cones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate your feedback!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful take on the sketch. I just love Christmas Pines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendie, it is a lovely set isn't it!

      Delete
  3. Really great take on our sketch. I love the pine cones and the greenery. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm so glad you chose FMS as your first sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really enjoyed playing along!

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this fabulous Christmas card. I love how you've used your dies! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Narelle, your sketch was a great inspiration to me!

      Delete
  5. I love your card, she's beautiful !
    Thank you for your comment on my blog ;)
    XOXO ♥

    ReplyDelete